Monday, March 24, 2008

An Enigmatic Haiku by Chris

"Dragonflies are good
Getting shot at work is bad
Blowing things up?... fun!

Your musings make for an enigmatic Haiku." --by Chris B.

And here's part of the email I wrote to Chris to inspire said enigma:
I was thinking of you last night, as we were watching a show that showed dragonflies flying. ...
I was jsut having a really great chat with a former soldier for the UK. He did a tour in Afghanistan, and was telling me about it. He said they were so well trained that when any crap happened, they just reacted automatically. Just a job, really. I said I'd never been shot at at work!
He did say it was weird to come back though. I thought it might be a type of culture shock, and thought that might be true.
We both agreed that blowing stuff up with explosives is really fun. (Yes, I have done that. It's even more fun than you imagine.)

No comments: