Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Peru Pics II

Here is the second set of pics from Peru.
Auntie and I did a weekend trip to Colca Canyon. It was terrific!!!


Tara had a little lamb...

vicunas, a wild relative of the camel
vicunas

ninos hamming it up in Chivay


fiesta parade in Chivay

close-up of boy in parade - LOVE THE JESUS CAPE!!
Actually, I did see another fiesta parade the night before... It started with people in costume, then came some religious stuff, then a couple guys in regular clothes carrying a crate of beer, then a few more guys in regular clothes, then a brass band. Hmmmm, maybe they were on to something: the beer starred in the parade!

woman with eagle and llama


Henriette said: "Boy, this hat is heavy!"

the crowd at Cruz del Condor...waiting to see mythic birds

condor

blogger on edge

valley view

doing the Love Dance at 7 AM at 4200 masl


shopping at 4900 masl

the hard sell

a Coot, my fave waterfowl (b/c they are so weird!!)
One final story: at lunch on Sunday, my constant attitude of "I'll eat anything once" led me astray.... I tried a little bit of stewed Cuy (guinea pig), as the locals kept telling me it was tasty. It sorta was nice, a bit like chicken, but then I accidentally ate a guinea pig FOOT. ICK. The others at the table had a massive laugh at the look on my face. :)

No comments: