Thursday, May 1, 2008

Trouble in Paradise

view south to Redondo Beach

Since I've been in LA for the last couple weeks, I've settled into a bit of a routine. I have an unlimited pass for yoga at a studio down the road. I have taken over Lianda's beach cruiser bike, so I have wheels, and use this to go everywhere - the movies, the grocery store, Target, exploring, biking along the beach. Every day, I go walking or biking or yoga, or a combo of all those. L noticed I'm getting a tan.



But it's not all margaritas and Happy Hour sushi and sunshine. This morning I had an accident! I was rushing out to yoga, when the mat fell out of the basket, I braked too hard, caught a flip flop, and crashed on the pavement. At first, I looked like I'd been in a gang war or something, as every body part that hit the pavement had ugly deep purple blood blisters. But after an hour, I just have a big weepy raspberry on my knee and a stiff neck. My manicure and pedicure both got destroyed. (OMG!) I didn't put a hole in my yoga pants, so there's no permanent damage.



So this afternoon, I guess I'll recover with a trashy novel, by the pool. I guess I've just been doing too much, and I need to take it easy.
this is not the bike I fell off, nor are those the flip flops that flipped me...but that is the beach path!

Hermosa Beach Pier

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Happy to see that you are relaxing in the sunshine - are we going to get an Africa update soon. Suz

Anonymous said...

Where are all of the hot muscle boys from Venice Beach pictures?