Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Topsy Turvy day

I was worried that I'd have nothing to write about....and I'd just be rambling on about noses, body noises, and generally nothing. Be careful what you wish for!

I had quite the topsy turvy day last week....

Headed into yoga class.... Yoga class....aaahhhhh, bliss. I was SUPER flexible, so had a really easy time. Or maybe, I was just in a particularly happy mood, so nothing hurt, and it was all easy. Yoga is like that....which comes first? the mind or the body? Physical-mental zen riddle... Everyone around here is really bent cuz fall has come about a month early, so our teacher's thought for the day was about "accepting this moment as perfect."

Then I headed downtown, parked perfectly, met a couple friends for a nice walk, stopped at the Farmer's Market and bought lovely flowers. In fact, he gave me an extra couple stems for free - YAY! :))

Then returned to my perfectly parked car. That was all smashed. :((

With a note on it. :)

I called the guy, he was completely blown away that I was sooooo chilled, after he brutally smashed up my car with his monster truck. He brought me his deets, bought me a coffee, drove me to the RCMP and insurance place. :) Since my car was smashed :(

But I think I've converted him to yoga.....it's clearly why there was no yelling, tears, stress, etc. over my car. Obvious positive effect :)

And in case you were wondering, NO I don't think he was hitting on me.....told me all about his girlfriend.... As well, smashed my car + girlfriend = total deal breaker. Everybody knows that math. :-P Plus he was, like, 6 years old.

I am finally accepting though that my car is jinxed. Aaaahhhhh, poor Lesbaru*. So reliable. Ugly as a comfortable shoe. Red 1998 Subaru Forester. I've had NO accidents in any other vehicle I've ever had, yet this car has now been smashed in a parking lot twice, rear ended once (not my fault the big SUV couldn't stop on black ice but the Subie is nimble and light!). And then one time I was given an at fault accident when a moron in an old, crappy 2wd p/u with bald tires tried to pass me on a snowy road, he hit the frozen snowbank and rolled. NO damage to my car, as I caught a glimpse of the big pouf of snow, touched the throttle, and nimbly got out of the guy's way. grrrrrrr, long story, still bitter :-P



* years ago, when my car was new, friends who were also subie owners were looking at http://www.car.com/. And what would you find on the Top Ten List of vehicles preferred by Lesbians???? The Subaru Forester! I also blame my car for women hitting on me all the time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's the big nose holes that causes the girls to hit on you! Plus the steller bod. Just my opinion.

BTW we're thinking of getting a Lesbaru again now that the girls are older. HOWEVER, "ours" was and will always be a "Scooby Doo"!

So sad to see the Lesbaru in such a state ;o(