Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Leap of Faith

Today I went to trapeze school.
Seriously, as in, flying through the air with the greatest of ease.
It was at the Santa Monica pier. It was bloody terrifying hanging onto that bar and leaning way out into space. I need to re-emphasise that - OMG, I HAD TO STAND ON A PLATFORM WAY UP THERE, AND LEAN OUT INTO SPACE AND GRAB THE BAR. AND LET GO.....
But it was AMAZING swinging by my knees and doing back flips onto the net.

I did a lot of screaming and laughing and my legs nearly shook right off. I could barely stand when I got back on safe ground.
Oh, and by the way, I have HUGE issues with height. Climbing up to the platform was really really hard. Jumping off was ..........WOW.

this is pretty much exactly how I saw Dean....squiggly
Sammy making it look easy

Katrina getting ready


This is a vid of my first catch attempt. So close....and yet so far.

No comments: