Monday, February 22, 2010

The Olympics, Post 5

OK, tragic loss in men's hockey, Canada v. USA
everyone is sad and upset.
Many with American friends have taken an unhealthy dose of abuse over this.
Alright. Whatever.

But then on the news they showed how they produced the Punjabi tv feed of the Men's Hockey Game. A bilingual English-Punjabi speaker watched the game on CTV, and simultaneously commentated the action in Punjabi for Omni TV. This was cited as a great way for new Canadians to learn English AND to learn Canadian culture. I love CANADA!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, they lost that game, but I think it gave them a whole lot of momentum because WOW were the last two games (Germany and Russia) super fun to watch.

Go Canada!

By the way, as stoked as I am that I was here in New Orleans for the Saints' Super Bowl victory, and to be a part of something that special, I sure wish I were up there with y'all right now. It's strange to be Canadian and watch the US coverage of the Olypmics, focusing on the US teams and competitors, and wishing I were up there in a sea of red maple leafs. Ah well, I still feel the love.