Tuesday, July 22, 2008

La Belle Epoque, Parte Deux

I'm back in Provence for a second week of intensive French training. I take 6 hours a day of classes, 1 hour of that is one-on-one with a teacher. and they give us homework AND an mp3 player with oral/aural exercises on it, in case we're bored, or not exhausted, or somehow feel we aren't getting our money's worth.


Generally loving my french training though...... seriously, loving it. although my brain is awfully tired.... Stupid irregular verbs, they'll be the death of me...or at least the cause of the holes in my liver. it is because of them that I drink so much DELICIOUS wine FROM THE GRAPES GROWN IN THE VINEYARD OUTSIDE MY WINDOW, AND MADE IN THE CHATEAU WHERE I SLEEP. (no, not actually in my bedroom, although the entire place does smell a little of wine yeast)





Oddly enough, I am not yet fluent in French. Guess I need more wine.





Strangely, I have not seen any movie stars, although perhaps it's because I have not stepped outside the school.





Here are photos:
the main chateau
the main chat (oooohhhhhh baby)




And here is the link, in case you are curious about the joint:


http://www.millefeuille-provence.com/





Yes, this is what I'm doing while I wait for that dang job to start in Africa. We will work in French, so I really, really need to get better at French. I talk about the job all the time, as if it really will one day come to fruition. (Doing overtime with all those techniques from The Secret.) But seriously, my main contact in Cali has quit his day job, so he obviously thinks this is going to fly high and far very soon. One of the Congolese guys from Cali has been sent over to check out what is going on over there, and what is taking so long???? His initial reports are that all is ok, and he'll get things rolling. Obviously, I do not hold my breath, as I would have expired months ago, but....... I'm keeping the faith.


Incidentally, that guy had not been home to Congo in 7 years. Point of fact, it was 7 years to the EXACT day. Can you imagine not seeing your spouse or kids for 7 years? Yikes, wonder if there are more kids there than when he left.....these things happen... je suis mechante <-- that means naughty, FYI

No comments: