Monday, July 14, 2008

A Week in Provence

Just spent a week en Provence, relearning French. Heaven! Oh, except for when I had a tantrum because too many tenses were swirling around in my head and I couldn't remember which verb form I should use...a total perfectionist moment. Luckily, we had planned a field trip to Arles, which was absolutely FANTASTIC. Oh, and when I wanted to sit down late in the day and have a glass of wine, who should sit truly RIGHT BESIDE me, but Keanu Reeves!!!! It was so weird, I caught a glance and thought, "Man, he looks just like Keanu Reeves, he must hear that all the time." And then folks started asking him for photos. So weird, he has the exact same mannerisms and voice as in all his movies - apparently he just plays Keanu on a fast bus, and Keanu in a weird future scene, and Keanu in some ridiculous love story. He's quite skinny now, ate ice cream, and has a hideous beard. (Ever heard of a stylist, Keanu??) The highlight was that he brushed against me on his way to the bathroom. Yup, that's right, first he sat beside me, then he touched me. I would imagine he was disappointed that he didn't get a chance to propose a torrid affair with me in Southern France, but I am too dedicated a student of the language, so didn't have time for all that swanning about with movie stars.

Next update: tomorrow is my aunt's funeral. Then much family shite for the rest of the week.

Then I'm not sure what I'm doing, but will probably go back to France for more French training, and maybe more movie stars?? Not totally sure. Apparently George Clooney is buying a house/villa/chateau in the village where I stayed, so might enjoy a brioche with Georges?? And Angelina/Brad have a villa not too far away. Guess I better bring gifts for their new twins....would hate to be caught out. Totally embarrassing. :)

No comments: