Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sports for Nerds

OK, so get this: today, I was in Calgary airport, in a bar, watching the sports channel. And what was on????? The US NATIONAL SPELLING BEE!!!! I kid you not - spelling on TSN. I loved it. The coverage was hysterical. Instead of showing Sidney Crosby and what he does off ice, they showed a Grade Fiver from Nova Scotia at home with all her trophies, and she put a giant dictionary under her pillow when she slept. I laughed my butt off!
But I will say this: I like to think I'm fairly clever, but it is miraculous that I was able to slither from the primordial ooze, in comparison to these kids. Sometimes the organisers gave the definition of the word, and I could not even understand the definition! I recognised 2 words out of about 50.
Reined in. Dumber than a post. HATE when people are way smarter than I :(

No comments: