Friday, May 1, 2009

Suddenly Sarah!

This week I am staying with my parents in Whitehorse, Yukon. Mom and I decided to do a road trip to Alaska, first to Haines and then ferry to Skagway. And would you look at who we met on the ferry!
Why yes, that IS Russia in the background!
Turns out, Sarah lived in Skagway for her first 5 years, and back then, they often accessed Whitehorse for medical care. Mom was practising in Whitehorse then, so she said to Governor Palin, "Wow, maybe I delivered you! HA!"

Ms. Palin was really nice, very friendly, but definitely as dumb as she appeared on TV. I certainly didn't throw any Couric Curveballs at her, and yet, she still had a ridiculous response to chatter about the weather. Thank you, America, for not allowing her to be second in charge of the Free World!

[A couple weeks ago, George Strombolopolis interviewed her on The Hour, and he went on and on about how distracted he was by her shiny, black patent, stiletto-heeled boots. I was beyond disappointed that she was wearing really dull shoes with sensible heel for walking ferry gangplanks and Skagway boardwalks...]

No comments: