Thursday, August 28, 2008

Nose Stories

I'm not doing tht much actual stuff these days, so thought I'd just tell random stories....

Last year I was running the cross-country ski trails in Fort St john, when I tripped, a blade of grass poked up my nose, and started GUSHING blood.
funny - -it doesn't hurt to have a blade of grass (or a stick of salal - done that too) poked up your nostril into your sinus.... It's just a weird feeling. And LOTS of blood. Damn my big nose holes!!!!



This reminds me of another nose story...... years ago, I was on a mapping break in the bush with my partner, and a no-see-um flew up my nose. I was like, "Oh my god. Oh my god. A bug flew up my nose! I can feel it flying around inside!! Aaaaarrrhhhhh! He's banging against the sides!" I was making those weird faces - you know how it is when your nose is irritated... felt like both eyes migrated to one side of my face like a deep sea fish. Then I sneezed, and ABSOLUTE REFLEX, we both looked at the kleenex, and said, "There he is."
(Poor fella. High speed impact. Instant death.)


My partner looked closely at me and said, "Funny, you don't have a big nose. But you sure have big nose holes."
see? not too big a nose, but large holes.

No comments: