Monday, June 29, 2009

New Product: Tara v. 26.2

NEWS RELEASE: Product launch – Tara v. 26.2


That's gold, baby!





YAY, I did it!! Successfully finished my first full marathon!



Awesome run support from Carol!


Quick Summary:
Had an amazing time, and absolutely enjoyed myself, except for the agony. The course went from Tukwila, past Lake Washington, and through downtown Seattle. The mountains were visible, the sun shone, the music was fun, the spectator support awesome, and race organisation was superb. The half and full marathon courses were the same until Mile 9, so I stayed with my best run pals, Sue and Carol till then. The second half of the 26.2 mile course was 2 out-and-back fingers, the second tricking me by approaching the finish line, and then going out for another 3 miles.
The road conditions were a crime against humanity, primarily a cambered surface for 80% of the race, and on concrete for most of the last 12 miles. I will never run in Seattle again unless they do major road works.
Vital Stats:
Time to cross the start line: about 45 minutes
Time to do the whole race: just under 6 hours
Calories burned, according to my run computer: 2753, about 1.5 times as many calories as a normal woman consumes in a whole day
Time behind Katie Holmes: 29 minutes (oh well!)
Weather: hot and sunny!
Scenery: Lake Washington, Mount Rainier, Lake Union, downtown Seattle, The Space Needle
Point where knee pain made me think it would be sensible to “just do Half”: Mile 7
Point where I decided I’d have to do another marathon, as this was just not my day: Mile 15
Point where knee pain was heinous and unbearable in both legs: Mile 19
Point where I started swearing around strangers: Mile 24
Point where I quit the race because it hurt too much: NEVER!!!!!
My choice of post-race food: tuna tataki salad
My new Indian Name, awarded by my run partners: “will run for salad.”
Number of medical margaritas consumed post-race: 6 (2 each for 3 of us)

No comments: