Saturday, June 20, 2009

One Week to Go

Is excited the same as terrified? Def freaked out at the prospect of the FULL MARATHON. Actually wrote a funny typo today, saying in week from now, I'd be on the marathon curse.

But I'm also feeling overwhelmed. Every time I think about my friends supporting me, and being sooooooo impressed that I have run so far, and will run farther, I tear up. I am sure my mom will be on the website, tracking my progress, and that makes me tear up. (Not sure if that ability exists, but if it does, she'll be doing it.) My acupuncturist, who I went to jamaica with, wanted to come to Seattle to cheer me on. WOW! She has no passport, so can't, but WOW, make me cry. Every time I think about the finish line, I tear up. HOLY, this will be huge. Wow, I have battled injuries, had training meltdowns, had people diss me or whatever, and here it is - a week from now, it will all be over.
OK, I gotta hit the hay. My final training is to get up insanely early every day, to prep for race day! I won't meet my run partners till 7:30, but I'll be up at 5. I have definitely lost it. :)

A week from now, I'll be a new me: Tara version 26.2

No comments: