Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ugliest Body Parts

Monday, I returned from 9 days backpacking in the Emigrant Wilderness of California. Our route was just outside Yosemite (mostly).

The trip was awesome, but like any huge physical challenge, the body takes a beating, so I will attach the individual entries for Ugliest Body Part:



beni's arms = Nature Bites!



Bo's arms = Nature Bites Again



my leg, showing a deep blister and the results of falling over with my pack

double entry: Jill's sprained ankle, and Sammy's broken(?) arm


my feet, at end of Day 3. Ugggghhh, trench foot.



honorable mention: not a body part, really, but this shows a failed brain and/or broken, tired body, as Sammy has fallen and can't get up!





honorable mention: Taryn's stomach, for excessive body fat. And who uses their belly as a billboard/birthday card anyhow? WilderNutBar



There was one other entry, which is not pictured, as I disqualified him!! Eric, aka Woody, attempted a cheap, hail mary entry of a pus-filled blister on his foot on Day 8. Sorry buddy, inadequate self-care does not allow you to win this contest!

No comments: